Saturday, July 21, 2012

Psalms Out Loud

We just spent a week in Colorado hiking through the Rocky Mountains, and it was more beautiful than words can describe.  Honestly even the pictures we took can't do justice to the enormity of those mountains.  Yet again we were unable to capture the greatness of God's creation.  As I feasted my eyes on the mountains it really was as if the Psalms were coming to life right before me!




"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  
Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."(Psalm 19:1-4)



"Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who liv in it.  
Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;
 let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth.  
He will judge the world in righteousness and the people with equity." (Psalm 98:7-9)



"I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? 
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)


No comments:

Post a Comment