Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happiness

Today was a sing-along-with-the-radio kind of day.  I love days like these, when I'm super happy for no apparent reason.  Although I will say, I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm finally finding the motivation to go running everyday.  (Everyday=yesterday and today.)  There really is something to be said for getting exercise, and I'm always amazed at how much it can change my mood.

The other great thing about today is Patrick and I started going to a new small group.  We've only been to Sojourn Church once and we really liked it, and last week, after only briefly introducing herself to us, one gal invited us to her small group.  I was pretty pumped about that, because as I've said before, finding a community of Christ followers is a top priority for us when we move somewhere new.  The meeting tonight was great!  There were 9 other people there and we spent a couple of hours getting into the Word and praying together.  It's always so refreshing to dig into scripture with other people and to hear how God is at work in their lives.

God has been so good to us to allow us to find a church home and small group of friends so quickly.  Even though we're leaving for Africa soon, I'm relieved to know that we have something to come back to.  I guess in some ways that might make it harder to leave, but overall I'm so grateful for what God is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment