Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First House Guests in Kentucky!

Last week we had the pleasure of having our dear friend Emily come stay with us for a few nights with her mom and two boys.  They just happened to be driving through Louisville during a week when Patrick and I would actually be home.  We had a blast catching up on each other's lives and playing with the boys.  Matias is 2 now and is growing up so fast.  Titan is 10 months and doesn't seem far behind his big brother.



Playing with boys is always fun, because they're so imaginative.  Matias is really into tunnels, and he wanted to build a tunnel/fort out of all the cushions on the couch.  It was hilarious watching him throw pillows at Patrick as they stacked them on the coffee table.  Then he wanted all of us to crawl through it with him.  (Patrick was the only brave soul among us.)  We also got our exercise chasing him around the house for two days.  I would be in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner and Matias would come in and start pushing me from behind saying "Run too!" till I started chasing him.  Too cute!

Despite the crazy heat we ventured out to the zoo one afternoon, and Matias was practically beside himself.  Taking children to the zoo has got to be one of the most fun experiences, because they are always so enthralled with all the animals.  That's the thing I love about kids.  Experiences that have become mundane or normal for adults are still new to kids and they still have an appreciation for the things they are learning.  Love it!

Of course, one of my all-time favorite things to do is read to kids, so I was excited when the boys let me read to them before bed.

It was hard to say goodbye, but I know we'll see our friends again soon.  Thanks for the memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment