Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas in Canada

I know this is a little late, but here is our Christmas update...

Patrick and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend Christmas with my family in Canada.  My Dad lives there with my stepmom and little sister Anika, and it was wonderful to get to spend some time with them.  Even better, my older sister Kristen, niece Asha, and brother Brian came in too.  It was a restful Christmas, and we spent the majority of our time inside since no one really wanted to brave the Canadian winter.  We did manage to make one trip out to walk to the nearby Tim Hortons (a Canadian coffee shop), so Patrick could have a true Canadian experience.

It was a blessing to be able to spend some much needed time with my family whom I don't get to see very often.  As always it was incredible to see how much Anika and Asha have grown.  Anika (my little sister) is an incredible reader and will talk your ear off.  Asha has also become quite a talker, and it pretty much the most precious child on the planet. (This seriously puts pressure on me to have cute kids!)

Here are a few of the pictures we took along the way...
Gingerbread house attempt #1 with my sister Anika


Gingerbread house attempt #2 with Kristen
Walking to Tim Hortons

Hot chocolate break!

Dad and the Valentine girls 


No comments:

Post a Comment