Saturday, August 13, 2011

Entertaining in South Carolina


The last two weekends have been busy since we've had visitors!  Last weekend Mom and Dad (Steward) drove down to stay with us from Saturday till Wednesday.  We had an awesome time with them despite the crazy heat wave we're having here in S. Carolina.  
We took them to Parris Island so they could get a taste of boot camp, and we also checked out the museum on base which displays the history of the Recruit Depot.  
Enjoying our tea on the porch
Mom and I spent lots of hours in the kitchen experimenting with our delicious mint tea, anadama bread, and other tasty dinners.  One afternoon while the boys went off in search of a shooting range, we went to PetsMart to hold the baby ball pythons.  I appreciate the fact that I have a mother-in-law that likes snakes as much as I do.  Makes me feel like less of a weirdo.


Baby ball python
You know you want one (or two)
The boys also stayed busy putting together the hammock stand so now we can finally use the hammock that Patrick made out in Okinawa.  The visit seemed to fly by, and we were very sad to see them go on Wednesday.  Hopefully their next visit will be a cooler one and we can spend more time outside!
The hammock that Patrick made

Happy reunion!
This weekend Pete, Emily, and Matias came to visit, and it was a welcome reunion after not seeing each other for over a year!  It was amazing to see how much Matias has grown and changed over the last 15 months, and he's too cute for words!  He did and excellent job of entertaining us for the two days they were here.  It was wonderful to catch up with such good friends, and I'm thankful that they were willing to make the trip out to see us.
Playing with bubbles outside













Boys are so charming
After so much excitement our house seems pretty quiet, but I'm looking forward to getting into a new routine soon.  I start my new job on Monday so I need to get back into the habit of getting up super early.  I'm sure I'll have lots of fun stories from first grade to tell after this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment