Friday, December 30, 2011

Retracing Our Steps

Being back home this past week has been awesome.  A few days ago I met my best friend Melissa in Oxford, Ohio to visit Miami University.  I hadn't been back to my college campus in over four years so I was excited to see how much things had changed.  Melissa and I have been friends for years and we have a few things that we tend to do every time we get together for a visit.  We thought it would be appropriate to sort of retrace our steps from our college days since we planned to spend the day in Oxford and Colerain.

Miami is one of the most beautiful campuses anywhere, and even while I was a student there one had the impression that the brick buildings had been dropped into the middle of a park.  Walking around campus brought memories flooding back, and it was fun to relive those moments with Melissa.  College was by far one of the most fun times of my life!

After traipsing around Oxford for a few hours we headed out of town to Colerain for our typical day of shopping and lunch.  Melissa and I don't have to be doing anything to have fun together, and that's the best kind of friend to have!  Having Melissa in my life has been a tremendous blessing.  We share our faith in Christ and are able to encourage one another in many ways.  Friends like her are few and far between, and I'm thankful that the Lord brought us together during our college days.  I know that she's one friend that will walk with me for the rest of my life!

One thing I loved about revisiting and retracing my college steps was the opportunity to reflect on how much I have grown and changed over the past four years.  For me it's often difficult to see how God is working in my life until I look back at the past couple of years.  Then it is much more clear to see how His hand has guided my life and shaped who I am becoming.  And it always makes me wonder how I will grow and change over the next few years of my life!









  

No comments:

Post a Comment