Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Beginnings in South Carolina

I never thought I'd be one for writing a blog, but now I think I'll finally try my hand at it.  More than likely I will have few (if any) followers, but that's OK with me.  If nothing else this will serve as a way for friends and family to stay updated on our adventures in South Carolina and beyond.

Beaufort doesn't quite feel like home yet, mostly because we have no furniture save what we've bought since moving in last week.  We also haven't found a church home yet so we haven't made any solid connections with other believers.  For me the hardest part of moving has been leaving behind such a wonderful group of friends in Okinawa.  Proverbs 27:17 says "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."  This verse played out in incredible ways over the last four years and I feel truly blessed to have been surrounded by such strong believers.  While it's always difficult to move on, I trust that God has prepared a place for us here, and in time He will lead us to new friends and new ways to serve Him.  I'm excited to see where God leads us over the next 12 months!  Thanks for joining me on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment