Friday, July 22, 2011

Joyful Anticipation

View from the bridge
I think if I had to put a title to this chapter of my life I would call it "Joyful Anticipation."  Since we left Japan we've been in a state of transition, and I'm very much looking forward to finally being settled here in Beaufort.  We're scheduled to get our express shipment later today and our TMO might come next week.  Everyday we're one step closer to getting down to the business of living here.

View from our front porch
Unfortunately the job front is bleak for me.  There have been many budget cuts in the school district so there are many teachers looking for jobs.  I'm not surprised that the seasoned teachers are being hired instead of a newbie like me.  I'm not discouraged by this, because I trust that God has a plan for me while I'm here.  Lately I've taken comfort in this verse from Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  It's not bad luck that I haven't gotten a teaching job.  The Lord clearly has something else in mind for me, and I'm content to find out what that is.  Despite the fact that I don't know too many people here yet, I feel called to start some kind of a women's Bible study.  During my devotional time as of late I have felt God speaking to my heart saying He wants to pour into me so I can pour into others.  I know that He has much for me to learn, which will prepare me for ministry now and down the road.  It will be exciting to see all that He has prepared for me in the coming months!



Going out for my b-day dinner
In other news, this past Tuesday was my 27th birthday.  Usually my birthday is my absolute favorite day of the year, so much so that I like to celebrate Birthday Week, or even Birthday Month.  This came about while living overseas because b-day cards would come in at random times throughout the month so it was a mini celebration everyday.  Well this year was a bit of a disappointment since Patrick had to work all day and I don't know anyone here, so I ended up spending most of the day by myself.  We celebrated Monday night by going out to dinner in downtown Beaufort.  We also got my birthday present, a new bike.  As we went in to Walmart I was so excited Patrick said it was like taking a little kid into a toy store.  Probably not too far from the truth.  It was a great birthday present, and I'm looking forward to putting lots of miles on it as I cruise around Beaufort!  
My sweet new ride

No comments:

Post a Comment