Monday, November 26, 2012

Life After Leaving

We've been home from Zambia for a full week now, and we're still very much in a state of transition.  We're trying to process a lot that happened in Africa while trying to prepare for our upcoming trip to Israel, not to mention planning for life after The Year of the Suitcase (as I've been calling 2012).  I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever feel settled anywhere.  It feels like we're always in a state of transition.  We always seem to be leaving somewhere, but the good news is, we always seem to land right where God wants us, and we experience so many blessings along the way.

I suppose now I'm trying to figure out what life will look like with feet firmly planted on American soil for awhile.  This next stretch of life will be a completely new chapter for us, and I'm not sure yet what to expect.  I don't have a job yet, and honestly have no idea what kind of work I'll end up with.  As much as I'd love to find a teaching position, I'm not all that hopeful of finding the job I want in the middle of the school year.  And that's ok.  Maybe God has something entirely different in store for me this next year, and I can't wait to find out what that is.

What I do know is this: whatever ends up happening, I want my life to count for something.  As hard as it may be to imagine what the next years hold for us, I want to spend my time making a lasting impact here in Louisville.  I don't want to just sit around waiting for life to happen to me.  Too often I wait around for God to hit me on the head with ways to serve Him, but I don't think that's how we ought to operate.  I want to start stepping out in faith more, finding ways to bless others and make an impact for the Kingdom of God.  So here's hoping that the next few years in Louisville will be well spent and fruitful!

1 comment: