Sunday, March 18, 2012

India, Here We Come!

Patrick and I have dubbed 2012 the year of living out of suitcases.  We'll be doing a lot of traveling, beginning with a two week trip to India.  We leave on Saturday, so tonight we started packing.  It's hard to believe that after all the planning that's gone into it, this trip is upon us!

Abhinav
The main purpose of our going to India is to visit the two children we sponsor through Compassion International: Abhinav and Jeevalakshmi.  We have sponsored Abhinav (age 9) for over two years and have gotten to know him through writing letters every month.  We began sponsoring Jeevalakshmi (age 6) back in September, and have already received several letters from her. Both children have become very dear to us in a short amount of time, and we can't wait to meet them in person!  We are praying that we will be able to encourage both of them in the short time we have with them, and that we can share the love of Christ with them and their families.
Jeevalakshmi

The first part of our trip will be of a more tourist nature. We fly into New Delhi and will do a five-day tour of northern India.  Patrick is getting excited to put his new photography skills to use!  I'm sure we'll have tons of stories to tell when we get back, and I'm looking forward to blogging about our adventures there.  (Actually, the reason I began blogging in the first place was so friends and family could keep up with us as we travel around the world in the coming years.)

I'll admit, I tend to get pretty anxious about traveling.  Please pray for me that I would have peace about getting to and from, and that I would simply trust in God's provision for us while we're away.  Also, please pray that we don't get sick while we're there!  My biggest fear is not being well enough to visit with our kids, especially since those visits will be during the second part of our trip.  We aren't taking a computer with us so unfortunately I won't be able to write as we travel throughout the country, but check back in a couple of weeks for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment